Sunday, June 28, 2009

Inspired LIfe Lesson #5...Cherish


This weeks life lesson is about cherishing all of the people that are in our lives. Following a week that has left the entertainment industry in mourning, we are reminded that life is acutely short. And although I am not one that will boo-hoo the death of a celebrity, the past few days have been a gentle reminder that we must live our lives to the fullest, everyday...celebrity or not!

Later this week our family will be taking a trip to cherish one of our own...my Mother in Law. Her annual trip north was first planned, then postponed and finally cancelled due to health reasons. So, we decided to pack ourselves up and head south for a bit of the sunshine state, with a trip to visit Mickey before we head back home to the chilly (!) north.


Cherish the ones that you love.

Contact those whom you have neglected to call.

Hug your kids, parents, friends...with meaning.

Smile at a stranger...for you may be the only joy they experience that day.

Live your life without regret.

Love your family.

Love yourself.


~*::{Reflections from last week}::*~

So, did you do something nice for yourself? Believe it or not, so many of us always put that as the last priority. I hope that you fought those urges and just did it!

In efforts to keep along with my self imposed homework, I went shopping for a bathing suit. Now, I'm not so sure that I really treated myself in doing that since all of the "negatives" came flooding back to me as I stared at myself in the dressing room mirror, under unforgiving fluorescent lights. All I can say is...ahhhh, the power of cheese!

Needless to say, I did get a bathing suit after pretending to ignore the real size that I needed to wear and the sizes that hung on the "put back" rack. I'm trying not to be so hard on myself (that's an assignment that will be a toughy!), but old habits die hard. The suit is nice...a leopard print top and a black flippy bottom (to disguise the junk in the trunk...ok, who am I fooling?). Guess we all know what assignments will be coming in the near furture, don't we ;~)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails