Saturday, May 2, 2009

Handmade...With Love

For My Darling Sarah....




































The above picture is all about my little girl Sarah. In honor of her First Holy Communion this Sunday, I decided to make her some items that she could cherish for the rest of her life. Her veil is hand stitched to her halo headband, and the lace is absolutely exquisite. I hope that the pictures can capture how pretty it really is.




































Her rosary is also handmade, the stones picked out by her...rose quartz (for eternal love), amethyst (for a higher connection to God), and kyanite (for connection to the Holy Spirit). I couldn't have done it better myself.

Lastly, the pendant is a picture of The Black Madonna or Our Lady of Czestochowa (which just happens to be the name of our Church). The golden icon is from Poland and was given to my Mother by my Father many years ago.

I know that I will cry tomorrow...I just won't be able to help myself, with her all dressed in white like an angel. The Bell Choir that I direct will also be playing for this occassion. If we do well, I just might post a little video of us...but we'll see how that goes :)

*~*~*~*~I Love You Sarah, my sweet little girl~*~*~*~*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails