Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Evolution of Kasia Blue


I am coming out of my skin. The skin that has withered away, that has restricted me from shining. It has pulled at my soul, causing me to stretch and contort into the most uncomfortable positions as of late. So much so, that when I look into the mirror, I do not recognize the person staring back at me in amazement.


I feel as if I could just rip it off and release the pink , shiny new skin to the world. Expose my true self in all my glory, with out all the preconceived notions of today. But, wait I must. I know that my skin is yet too fragile, and must be protected from the harshness of unadulterated light. If I shed it too soon, I will burn.


I am a creature in transition. My lines are blurred, waiting for the focus button to work and sharpen the picture..just so I can see clearly. Inside I am ready, outside I am too fresh and raw.


Soon, I will shine.

..................................................................................................................

This picture was taken by my lovely Sarah on her Communion Day...how very fitting, don't you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails