Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Heart of a Fake Rose

~*::{The Heart of a Fake Rose}::*~

I sat there
transfixed
knowing that I
could have
should have
been the one
up on stage

Funny how life
directs
the symphony
sometimes
the cacophony
of our concert
our heart wrenching
ballade
our soul stirring
song
that is slightly
off key

I am faced
by my flat notes
my opportunities
squandered
all for the love of
nothing
that has made me feel
inadequate
and sad
that I have not
taken all
that had been
set before me

I have left my meal
half eaten
yet my soul
still hungers
my wine is spilled
on the tablecloth
stains of lust
and denial
and I am
parched

How has this
become my
circumstance
From where
do I lay
my next step
that leads me
from
myself










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails