Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Simple Prayer


Courage
I need you
I welcome you
without you
I will not survive
even one more moment
in the places that
bleed my soul




Grace
I need you
more than ever
to help make my
truth
my life
what it needs to be


Faith
I need you
to hold my head up
when I feel the end
has come too quickly


Hope
I need you
to make me believe
that my hardship
is a means to a better life
that the lessons that I have learned
will carry me through
the entrance to "better"


These things I pray today
for I have reached a point
that will not allow
for the leaching of
my power
my energy
my soul
my happiness
I have come to the realization
that I cannot exist in a place
that does not serve my higher good
but only uses my talents
for their benefit
and none of mine


It is disenheartening
It is gut wrenching
It is terrifying


But please, God
I need your help
to make my life happy
to fulfill the covenants
that I have been asked to fulfill
now, so long ago


Please, from the depths of my soul
show me my purpose
my destiny
my authentic livelihood
so that I may
serve your will
and higher good

4 comments:

kate i said...

Kasia, this is powerful and amazingly heartfelt. Thank you for sharing this.

Dagmar said...

My dear Kasia I hope you have all of these wishes come true. Thank you so much for sending and spreading this into the world. You've touched me deeply. Hugs Dagmar

S. Etole said...

These are very beautiful and necessary.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails