Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunrise


Will I live to see the sunrise


awake to your sweet face


the mornings first rays


casting warm shadows


where I kiss your mouth



Am I selfish to believe


that you are not a dream


an apparition still floating


above my consciousness


dancing in the sunrise



Do I take for granted


the warmth of your skin


pressed so closely to mine


your smell, so familiar


your breath one rhythm, in time




I ask not to open my eyes


for this dreamscape


is too divine


Just one more moment


before this bliss passes us by


I love you
in this light

in this moment

in this sunrise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poem written by Kasia, June 2008
Photograph is a print of an original painting by Lisa Eastman




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails