Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Stillness of Silence












In this silence I am still

waiting for the cacauphany

of life to disturb

my empty bliss

I am alone in her presence

my angel of solitude

as she spreads her wings

to envelop

my wind worn soul

Only she knows

how desperately

I have wanted

needed

serenity

for the stillness that she brings

the silence

that roars with peace

and quietude

has become my salvation

she has called me here

from my dreams

the realization

of All That Is and

All That Will Be



In this silence

I am still

grateful

peaceful

renewed with hope
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Autumn Angel" is an original Pencil drawing by an artist named Katherine Stockton. This poem is an ode to my recent trip to Vermont, where the silence and stillness could leave you breathless. Lucky for me, it was just what I needed :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails