Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Questions


Is there a moment where only love exists


where you catch your breath


and feel full inside once again


was there a moment like that between us


was that ever our reality to enjoy


uncluttered by expectations and lies


the unattainable fantasy of perfection




Is this where our heart makes its bed


where the soul sleeps lightly


an unlikely accomplice in our little game


treading water patiently, awaiting its rescue


encircled by sharks and debris from its broken vessel




I have never been the person that you yearned for


the one that ignites your passion


encircles your heart with flames


I am the one that leaves you wanting


searching to reclaim your dignity


for you are too weak to speak the truth




I have locked my heart away


seared the bolts shut with my tears


no longer stoic in my ways


there are no more secret passages


or keys left under the doormat


I will not allow this duplicity its lifeblood




Is there a moment where the heart will stay


open to all possibility and newness


even if it is too weak


to get on its knees to pray?








1 comment:

Half-heard in the Stillness said...

Your poetry is written from your heart.... and... IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails