Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Forest

Help me to see the forest through the trees
to set a place for myself
at the table of life
where I can eat with robust apetite
and feel nourished in my soul

Help me to see my clear path
and my true livelihood
where I can make those around me
feel as if their hard work
is not in vain

Help me to have a clear voice
to speak my truth
even if it is just yet a whisper
so that I can bring forth my intentions
with clarity and conviction

Help me to have a focused mind
uncluttered with fear and doubt
to release the albatross
that has clung so tightly
to my back

Help me to see my forest
with all it's technicolored leaves
with it's gnarled branches
and soggy marshes
uprooted havens
for all those who choose to live there
including me

2 comments:

S. Etole said...

This is so good ...

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your site. Your work and your words are all lovely but this one really resonated with me. Thanks. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails